Books for Political Science Optional in UPSC CSE
Political Science BOOKLIST – MAINS: PAPER-I BOOKS
Political science and International Relations – ( Amazon link )
Section A: Political Theory
- “An Introduction to Political Theory” by O.P Gauba.7TH EDITION, Mayur Publication
- “Political Theory: An Introduction” by Rajeev Bhargava and Ashok Acharya, 2nd edition, Pearson.
- “A History of Political Thought: Plato to Marx” by Subrata Mukherjee and Sushila Ramaswamy.
- “Western Political Thought: From Socrates to the age of Ideology” by Brian. R. Nelson.
- IGNOU BOOKLET MPSE-004 Social and Political Thought in Modern India
- “Modern Indian Political Thought: Text and Context” by Bidyut Chakrabarty and Rajendra Kumar Pandey.
- “Politics” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Political Theory: An Introduction” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Key Concepts in Politics” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Political Ideologies: An Introduction” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Western Political Thought: From Plato to Marx” by Shefali Jha.
- “Indian Political Thought: Themes and Thinkers” by M. P. Singh and Himanshu Roy.
Section B: Indian Government and Politics
- “India’s Struggle for Independence” by Bipin Chandra.
- “Introduction to the Constitution of India” by Dr Durga Das Basu.
- “Indian Government and Politics” by A.S.Narang, Geetanjali Publication
- “The Oxford Companion to Politics in India” by Niraja Gopal Jayal and Pratap Bhanu Mehta.
- “Politics in India” by Rajni Kothari.
- “Our Parliament: An Introduction to Parliament of India” by Subhash C. Kashyap.
- “Our Constitution: An Introduction to India’s Constitution and Constitutional Law” by Subhash C. Kashyap.
Section A: Comparative Politics and International Relations
- “The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations” by John Baylis, Steve Smith and Patricia Owens.
- “Global Politics” by Andrew Heywood.
- “Theories of Comparative Politics: The Search for a Paradigm Reconsidered” by Ronald H. Chilcote.
- IGNOU notes on Comparative Politics.
- “Theories of International Relations” by Palgrave publications.
- “The Oxford Handbook of International Relations” by Christian Reus-Smit and Duncan Snidal.
- “Understanding International Relations” by Chris Brown and Kirsten Ainley.
- “Introduction to International Relations: Theories and Approaches” by Georg Sorenson and Robert Jackson.
Section B: India and the World
- Indian Foreign Policy: An Overview by Harsh Pant
- International Relations- Mcgraw Hill education
- “IDSA website should be followed for articles.
- MEA website should be regularly followed for updates and articles.
- IR editorials should be followed in The Hindu and TheIndian Express.
- The Oxford Handbook of Indian Foreign Policy” by David M. Malone, C Raja Mohan and Srinath Raghvan
Pdf Link Given Below – Free Download in 1 Click
New UPSC Syllabus pdf Complete free Download
( Search on Google – OnlineStudyPoints.com )
#Official Account * Worldwide free service [ No Ads ] * Daily Quiz – MCQ * Youtube link – https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMKhNSKNOAP5mnLzHUbGvIg * web + free pdf – www.onlinestudypoints.com * Telegram – http://t.me/onlinestudypoint_2 * Facebook – https://m.facebook.com/onlinestudypoints/ # Telegram for live chat 24×7 – http://t.me/onlinestudypoints_2
PDF Download Area
1. Download Link ( Near Zoom Button ) in PDF Preview
2. Wait for Loading Complete then your File is Ready to Download.
3. File Download in 1 Click ( No Promotion No Links )
4. File Size – ( 3 MB approx )
DOWNLOAD LINK PDF WITH PREVIEW2022 upsc syllabus ( www.OnlineStudyPoints.com )-